How to Do a Lateral Burpee
Stand upright and parallel to the left or right of an object that is roughly 6 inches tall.
- Drop hands to the ground.
- Jump feet back simultaneously.
- Drop your chest to the floor.
- Press yourself back up while jumping your feet back to your base position.
- Fully extend your hips while jumping horizontally over the object.
- If needed, move at a pace that allows you to do the movement comfortably and safely. As you progress, the quicker you can do the movement, the more effective it will be. You can also not drop your chest all the way to the ground, instead dropping to the plank position and jumping your feet back up to your hands before standing.